First Aid Training Courses during Covid-19 have now been running successfully at Essential 6 since April 2020.
You can expect a warm welcome as usual on our First Aid Training Courses that we hold across the Southwest from our first aid training venues in Torquay, Exeter and Plymouth or we can deliver at your premises anywhere across the UK.
The First Aid Training that you will receive may be the most important course that you ever complete. Although most people come to our courses as a legal requirement to ensure that their businesses remain compliant with the First Aid at Work Regulations 1981 all learners leave as prompt, safe and effective First Aiders smiling and pleased that they’ve acquired life saving skills to look after their colleagues, friends or family for all types of life threatening conditions.
What will you learn during a First Aid Course?
We have many different First Aid Training Courses to meet your requirements and dependent upon the First Aid Training Course that you enrol on will determine the course content. We ensure that during every course that you will learn in a safe, fun, friendly and supportive environment learning vital skills such as how to:
- provide first aid to an unconscious casualty
- assist someone experiencing sudden cardiac arrest
- deliver Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (C.P.R.)
- us an automated external defibrillator (A.E.D.)
- identify different types of wounds, control bleeding and apply bandages and dressings effectively
- treating a casualty who has burnt themselves,
assist in life threatening conditions such as;
- heart attack
- head injuries
and many other serious conditions such as
- sprains and strains
- spinal injury
- heatstroke, heat exhaustion or even hyperthermia
As you can see our courses are very thorough and practical in their nature to provide you with confidence in your new found life saving skills and you’ll be ready to deliver first aid confidently, promptly and safely. A full breakdown of each first aid training course can be found here.
On arrival at your First Aid Training we take the following steps to ensure your safety.
- All learners are required to complete a Covid-19 questionnaire to ensure no Learner is in a situation where they should be self-isolating and if they should be isolating or have symptoms then they are not allowed onto the training.
- During the course we use as many resuscitation manikins as possible to minimise sharing and keep one manikin to each learner or the same small group of Learners all the way through the course to prevent the possibility of course-wide infection spread. These resuscitation manikins go through thorough cleaning before the course and airways are changed to prevent any cross contamination.
- At the end of every theory and practical session, we ask learners to sanitise or wash their hands.
- We ensure that at least 2 meters of physical distancing is maintained between all Learners and between Learners and Trainers unless relevant close contact (less than 2m distance) is absolutely necessary for teaching or assessment purposes then full PPE is required.
On successful completion of your First Aid Qualification will expire after 3 years and in that time it is recommended that you complete an annual first aid skills update course.
Frequently asked questions?
Do I still have to demonstrate the skill of providing rescue breaths?
The skill of providing rescue breaths must still be included in CPR training and assessment, however adaptations to protocols that ensure the safe performance of first aid during the current COVID-19 outbreak are also taught.
How long is my First Aid Qualification valid for?
The First Aid Qualifications are valid for a period of 3 years. It is also highly recommended that every year learners also attend a Annual First Aid Skills Refresher course to ensure knowledge fade to keep skills high and train on any changes that may have happened over the previous 12 months.
What course should I attend?
There are different levels of courses. All workplaces should complete a thorough First Aid needs assessment and then decide on the appropriate course that meets your needs. Why not use our simple tool that will ask you a series of short questions and produce a first aid needs report based on your answers and is available here. It will take approximately 4 mins to complete.
It is just myself who requires to learn First Aid, do you deliver public courses?
Yes we do, you can find a course to meet your requirements here.