So you’re just starting your first well-earned bank holiday of the season, time is of the essence and you want to make the most of it with friends and family across the UK. Many of us will be hitting the roads and we wanted to make you aware that ongoing essential maintenance will be affecting the following routes:
Longest roadworks staying in place over Easter Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43545358
Predicted Easter traffic hotspots Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5548851/Drivers-face-busiest-Easter-years-roads.html
Some suggested items to reduce the boredom and keep you safe should you get caught up in the delays:
- First Aid Kit
- Food – some sustenance to keep you going, Chocolate is a great pick me up, leaving alone the Eggs
- Empty Bottle(s)
- Small Shovel
- Hardcopy Road Map – in case the Sat Nav stops working
- Small Pillows or Neck Cushions
- A Good Book!
- A Nice Mix of your favourite CDs
- In the Car Game ideas – especially if you have young children and no electrics; Word Search, Crossword books, Battleships…you will have some of your old favourites!
- Hi Vis Jacket
- Reflective Triangle
- Phone Charger
- Empty Fuel Can
Please note that our offices are closing for Easter at 5pm today and opening again on Tuesday 3rd April at 9am.
Wishing you all a ‘Cracking’ Easter and if you are travelling a very safe and pleasant journey.