- This event has passed.
Adult Mental Health First Aider – 10th-12th March 2021
March 10 @ 9:00 am - March 12 @ 4:30 pm| £215.00
** Special Offer **
Course Fee: £215.00 + VAT per person (normally £299.00 + VAT per person)
This Prestigious MHFA England Mental Health First Aider course will be delivered online and qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
• An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
• Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
• Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
• Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
• Why Mental Health First Aid?
• The Mental Health First Aid action plan
• What is mental health?
• Impact of mental health issues
• Stigma and discrimination
• What is depression?
• Symptoms of depression
• Risk factors for depression
• Depression in the workplace
• Suicide figures
• Alcohol, drugs and mental health
• First aid for suicidal crisis
• Non-judgemental listening skills
• First aid for depression
• Treatment and resources for depression
• What is an anxiety disorder?
• First aid for anxiety disorders
• Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
• Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
• Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
• Cognitive distortions and CBT
• Personality disorders
• Eating disorders
• What is psychosis?
• Risk factors for psychosis
• Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
• Bipolar disorder
• Warning signs of developing psychosis
• Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
• Treatment and resources for psychosis
• Recovery and building resources
• Action planning for using MHFA
Everyone who completes the course receives:
• A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
• A manual to refer to whenever you need it
• A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
• A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
Course Structure & Important Dates;
Delegates will need need to register onto the MHFA website on receipt of a link from our trainer and register their details. This will need to be done before 24th Feburary 2021 to allow for Training Packs to be sent to your home address.
3rd March – Invitation to be sent to delegates to register onto Enabley to allow pre-work (Individual Learning Session 1) to be done. This will take approximately 1 hour. This will need to be completed prior to the first Trainer Led Session.
10th March 9:00-11:30 – Live Trainer Led Session 1 (log on 30 minutes prior to ensure accessibility)
11:45-13:15 – Individual Learning Session 2
13:15-14:00 – Lunch
14:00-16:30 – Live Trainer Led Session 2
11th March – Individual Learning Session 3 (approximately 2 hours)
12th March 09:00-11:30 – Live Trainer Led Session 3 (log on 15 minutes prior)
11:45-13:15 – Individual Learning Session 4
13:15-14:00 – Lunch
14:00-16:00 – Live Trainer Led Session 4
16:00-16:30 – Completion, Evaluation, Certificates & Questions
Delegates must complete all sessions to achieve certification.
If you are not sure if this is the right course for you, please contact the team on 0845 272 3558 for further information prior to booking.