Designed by Mental Health First Aid England this one day course qualifies you as a Youth MHFA Champion.
Youth MHFA Champions have:
- An understanding of common mental health issues and how they can affect young people
- Ability to spot signs of mental ill health in young people and guide them to a place of support
- Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
- Skills to support positive wellbeing
- Why Youth MHFA One Day?
- What is mental health and mental ill health?
- Stigma and discrimination
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Eating disorders
What to expect:
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn. Young people are welcome on the course but if you’re under the age of 16 we need consent from your parent or guardian.
The day includes a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. You will get a Youth MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it.
When you complete the day you’ll get a certificate to say you are a Youth MHFA Champion.
ACROSS THE UK