Designed by MHFA England this half day course is an introductory three hour session to raise awareness of young people’s mental health.
It is designed to give:
- An understanding of some of the common mental health issues affecting young people, including depression, anxiety, eating disorders and psychosis
- Skills to work more effectively with young people living with mental health issues
- Ways to support young people with a mental health issue and relate to their experiences
- A taste of the contents of the Youth MHFA Two Day course
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
The session covers:
- Language and mental health issues
- What is mental health?
- Mental health conditions
- Anxiety disorders
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Alcohol, illegal drugs and mental health
- Supporting young people in distress
- Mental and emotional wellbeing
What to expect:
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
You will get an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it. When you complete the session you’ll get a certificate to say you are Youth Mental Health Aware.
ACROSS THE UK